Onja is a social enterprise training underprivileged youth into world-class software developers.
We find the brightest students in Madagascar who can’t afford to continue their education, and train them in English language and software development. After just two-and-a-half years they are ready to work as remote front-end software developers in international tech teams.
Once in a job, our developers earn a good salary that helps them support their families and pay forward the opportunity to a new wave of students. They unlock exciting careers that fulfil their potential, and accelerate the development of their nation (see ‘How Onja Works’ below).
‘Wave 1’ consists of 19 amazingly talented and committed developers. With an immensely successful first cohort, and a proven social model, we’re ready to scale our impact. Our goal is to take on 360 new students over the next four years.
Overview of the project
We are seeking a UI Designer to work with the Marketing Team at Onja to design a whole new Onja website. This redesign will improve the current online presence of Onja, providing a greater scope of information about our work for key audiences and adding functionality to support our operations.
Scope of work
What we need from you:
- A little bit of UX: Create a cohesive UX journey based on the goals, brief and key audiences and finalise sitemap and develop corresponding page wireframes
- Mostly UI: Use the Onja brand guide as a reference point to create engaging designs for all pages
- Work closely with the Onja Marketing team to edit and refine designs at each stage based on feedback, and consult with the developer team on build capability.
What Onja will provide:
- The build: The website will be built from the ground up by Onja’s in-house developers using React.js,. We encourage creativity alongside functionality, and thinking outside the box.
- The planning and content: Onja’s marketing team will provide a comprehensive project brief, including organisational needs assessment, project goals, brand guide and audience profiles. They will also supply the website content, including text, images and video.
The design phase for the project will cover a five week period from the 7th June to the 11th July, with potential additional consulting days during the build phase.
Please send an expression of interest to the Marketing Manager at Onja by Friday June 2nd at firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- Portfolio of relevant work
- A quote to complete the above outlined project
- An outline of your proposed approach to the project.
Website: onja.org | Facebook: OnjaAfrica
The Onja team: