We’ve identified 30 of Madagascar’s most talented and motivated students who can’t afford to continue their education and whose talents would ultimately be wasted in low paying, unfulfilling careers. Click here to meet Jerome, one of the thirty students.
We’re seeking an individual to inspire students to English proficiency, granting them access to exciting careers as English-speaking coders (computer programmers).
This role will be a big challenge! Students have very little English exposure. With Mitantsoa (our other English teacher), you will share responsibility for delivering an immersive training programme and guiding students to professional English proficiency in just 12 months.
You’ll see the meaning of your work as successful students begin life-changing careers and are able to support themselves and their families. See below for the social enterprise works.
- Must commit for 12 months
- ESOL/ESL/EFL certifications and teaching experience great but not essential
- Native English speaker or close
- Results driven
- You’ll join our tight-knit, hardworking team in Mahanoro, a small beach town on Madagascar’s beautiful East Coast.
- You’ll be provided with simple accommodations.
- We can offer a good local salary – enough to reimburse your flights (you will need to purchase your own flights), live comfortably and have plenty left over for weekend trips but don’t expect to amass much in the way of savings!
- You will enjoy a truly Malagasy experience. Mahanoro is far from the tourist trail and our team is predominantly Malagasy. We’ll provide weekly lessons to bring you up to speed with the language.
Please send a message to Sam at [email protected] as soon as possible. If you use LinkedIn, please include a link to your profile.
We look forward to hearing from you!
How Onja Works:
- Search for brilliant students who would otherwise be limited to low-payed, unfulfilling careers.
- Students receive one year of English instruction followed by one year of coding instruction at our live-in training centre.
- Graduates earn (and continue learning) at our outsourcing enterprise. All profits are re-invested in the next wave of students and the cycle begins again.