Are you passionate about creating a positive change in your community? Would you like to be part of the pioneering team of a fast-growing social enterprise and experience an English-speaking, multicultural work environment? Are you proactive and like getting things done?
At Onja, we believe in the potential people have regardless of their background. We upskill underprivileged youth to work as software developers and allow Malagasy youth to accelerate Madagascar’s development.
Your mission as our Partner Acquisition Team Lead (don’t worry about the long name!) will be to support our Enterprise Growth Manager to set up systems to organise Onja’s developer job applications and to maintain good relationships with our partner companies. The following list is not exhaustive, but should give a good indication of the responsibilities of the role:
- Working closely with the Enterprise Growth Manager to organize and improve the Partner Acquisition Team system (paths to partner companies, interaction with partners, managing database and CRM system)
- Create email campaigns or other tools to promote our developers and attract potential partner companies
- Organising a system to send email campaigns or to use other tools to attract jobs for our developers.
- Exchanging with interested partners with the guidance of the Enterprise Growth Manager
- Managing an Online researcher who is responsible for collecting emails and leads
- Managing and organizing a database to track the job applications of the developers
- Updating developers CVs
- Any other task the supervisor assigns
You will work 75% of the time with our tight-knit team in Mahanoro and can have access to all the facilities you need in your day-to-day life. The 25% time remaining can be done remotely. Having international members from all over the world in the team, working at Onja means living in diversity where you can demonstrate your cultural understanding and sensitivity. So if you are looking to interact in a multicultural organization and immerse yourself in a full-time English-speaking environment, Onja could be the place for you to thrive.
We hope this statement from Rova Ranaivoarisoa gives you an idea of what it’s like to be part of the team: “Onja is a wonderful journey! The impact of the mission is so tangible. It’s amazing to witness the developers’ improvement and growth. And it’s heartwarming and motivating when they land a great job and thrive professionally. On another note, I can’t be thankful enough for the personal and professional growth I experienced on my side. Onja gives me the chance to connect with people from different backgrounds and cultures, incredible mentors and coworkers, all driven by passion and dedication!”
How Onja works:
- We find brilliant and diligent young people who would otherwise be limited to low-paid, unfulfilling careers.
- Students study English and Software development in a two-year programme.
- Graduates begin working as software developers at our outsourcing enterprise where they develop software for overseas partner companies. As well as earning a salary, they create a profit for Onja. All profits are used to train the next wave of students and the cycle begins again.
Onja is very unique as an organization as it is funded by the effort our Malagasy graduates make to pave a way for other students. We really embrace the belief that Madagascar’s potential to develop lies in its youth.
To apply, please send a message to Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you use LinkedIn, please include a link to your profile.