Are you passionate about creating a positive change in your community? Would you like to be part of the pioneering team of a fast-growing social enterprise and experience an English-speaking, multicultural work environment? Are you proactive and like getting things done?
At Onja, we believe in the potential people have regardless of their background. We upskill underprivileged youth to become world-class software developers and allow Malagasy youth to accelerate Madagascar’s development.
Our first cohort contains 19 developers and we plan to train hundreds of students in the coming years. In order to do this, we must attract financial support. We need your help to secure some of this support in the form of grants.
Your mission as our Grant Writer will be to support our Fundraising team to leverage funds in order to maximise the growth and sustainability of Onja. You will be part of a small fundraising team with another grant writer (from Australia) and a fundraising coordinator (From France).
Your responsibilities include:
- Studying and understanding Onja’s model and its impact
- Research grant opportunities
- Assisting the Fundraising team to develop and submit grant proposals
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
You will need an advanced English level (C1 minimum) and have strong writing ability. Grant writing or other related experience is preferred however a willingness to learn and grow in the role is most important to us.
You will work 75% of the time with our tight-knit team in Mahanoro and can have access to all the facilities you need in your day-to-day life. The 25% time remaining can be done remotely. Having international members from all over the world in the team, working at Onja means living in diversity where you can demonstrate your cultural understanding and sensitivity. So if you are looking to interact in a multicultural organisation and immerse yourself in a full-time English-speaking environment, Onja could be the place for you to thrive.
We hope this statement from Rina Ralaidovy gives you an idea of what it’s like to be part of the team: “Working at Onja really is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I was looking for a meaningful job and an organisation that is concretely doing some good and I couldn’t ask for a better one. The team is amazing: dedicated, united, and caring. Despite the distance from home, I felt like I belonged to a community. Working at Onja helped me sharpen my professional reflex and I improved my English skills a lot. I would definitely recommend anyone to take the leap and join Onja for an amazing professional development opportunity and chance to change the world.”
How Onja works:
- We find brilliant and diligent young people who would otherwise be limited to low-paid, unfulfilling careers.
- Students study English and Software development in a two-year programme.
- Graduates begin working as software developers at our outsourcing enterprise where they develop software for overseas clients. As well as earning a salary, they create a profit for Onja. All profits are used to train the next wave of students and the cycle begins again.
Onja is very unique as an organisation as it is funded by the effort our Malagasy graduates make to pave a way for other students. We really embrace the belief that Madagascar’s potential to develop lies in its youth.
To apply, please send a message to Grace at email@example.com. If you use LinkedIn, please include a link to your profile