Are you passionate about creating positive change in your community? Would you like to be part of the pioneering team of a fast-growing social enterprise and experience an English-speaking, multicultural work environment? Are you proactive and like getting things done?
At Onja, we believe in the potential people have regardless of their background. We upskill underprivileged youth to work as software developers and allow Malagasy youth to accelerate Madagascar’s development.
Your mission as our English course designer will be to help the other English course designer to develop an online scalable English course in order to ensure that Onja’s recipients reach a professional English level.
The following list is not exhaustive, but should give a good indication of the responsibilities of the role:
- Capitalizing the learnings from Onja’s first batch in terms of English course design and delivery
- Designing an online scalable English course with the Native English course designer
- Developing curriculum and strategies to make sure Onja’s recipient speaks English with the RP accent
- Executing lessons efficiently using different styles of teaching depending on the content.
- Preparing, scheduling, and correcting Onja English exam
- Systematically maintaining and updating student records with English KPI
- Mentoring the students at Onja
- Any other task the supervisor assigns
You will work with our tight-knit team in Mahanoro where you’ll be accommodated and can have access to all the facilities you need in your day-to-day life. Besides, you are entitled to one week of remote work every three months. Having international members from all over the world on the team, working at Onja means living in diversity where you can demonstrate your cultural understanding and sensitivity. So if you are looking to interact in a multicultural organization and immerse yourself in a full-time English-speaking environment, Onja could be the place for you to thrive.
We hope this statement from Mitantsoa Solofoniary gives you an idea of what it’s like to be part of the team: “For me, Onja is home. A unique place to work as it allows you to thrive personally and professionally. Always driven by the mission to give a good job opportunity to Malagasy Youth, everyone is an inspiration. The students’ dedication became my motivation to be a better teacher and Onja helped me discover my full potential. If you want to see education in action and know how deep the impact you make can be, Onja is definitely for you.”
How Onja Works
Onja is a social enterprise with a sustainable model:
- Search for brilliant minds who would otherwise be limited to low-paid, unfulfilling careers.
- Students receive two years of English and software development instruction. Meet a developer here: https://onja.org/student/manjaka/
- Graduates earn (and continue learning) at our outsourcing enterprise.
- All profits are used to train the next wave of students and the cycle begins again.
Onja is very unique as an organization as it is funded by the effort our Malagasy graduates make to pave a way for other students. We really embrace the belief that Madagascar’s potential to develop lies in its youth.
To apply, please send a message to Grace at email@example.com. If you use LinkedIn, please include a link to your profile.