Are you passionate about creating a positive change in your community? Would you like to be part of the pioneering team of a fast-growing social enterprise and experience an English speaking, multicultural work environment? Are you proactive and like getting things done?
At Onja, we believe in the potential people have regardless of their background. We upskill underprivileged youth to work as software developers and allow Malagasy youth to accelerate Madagascar’s development.
Your mission as our accountant will be to help our finance team to take care of all of the organisation’s financial duties in order to maximize the growth and sustainability of Onja.
The following list is not exhaustive, but should give a good indication of the responsibilities of the role:
- Overseeing, reviewing, monitoring and managing, the organisation’s finances, including budgeting, reporting, payroll, payments, and invoicing clients.
- Coordinating payments of taxes and other legal obligations
- Reconciling accounts, producing financial reports, cash-flow statements and profit projections.
- Leading our team in ensuring they file their purchases and receipts properly
Experience or qualifications with accounting or bookkeeping would be nice but may not be necessary depending on the candidate.
You will work with our tight-knit team in Mahanoro where you’ll be accommodated and can have access to all the facilities you need in your day-to-day life. Having international members from all over the world in the team, working at Onja means living in diversity where you can demonstrate your cultural understanding and sensitivity. So if you are looking to interact in a multicultural organization and immerse yourself in a full-time English speaking environment, Onja could be the place for you to thrive.
We hope this statement from Rina Ralaidovy gives you an idea of what it’s like to be part of the team: “Working at Onja really is a once in a lifetime experience. I was looking for a meaningful job and an organization that is concretely doing some good and I couldn’t ask for a better one. The team is amazing: dedicated, united and caring. Despite the distance from home, I felt like I belonged to a community. Working at Onja helped me sharpen my professional reflex and I improved my English skills a lot. I would definitely recommend anyone to take the leap and join Onja for an amazing professional development opportunity and chance to change the world.”
How Onja works:
- We find brilliant and diligent young people who would otherwise be limited to low-paid, unfulfilling careers.
- Students study English and Software development in a two-year programme.
- Graduates begin working as software developers at our outsourcing enterprise where they develop software for overseas clients. As well as earning a salary, they create a profit for Onja. All profits are used to train the next wave of students and the cycle begins again.
Onja is very unique as an organization as it is funded by the effort our Malagasy graduates make to pave a way for other students. We really embrace the belief that Madagascar’s potential to develop lies in its youth.
To apply, please send a message to Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you use LinkedIn, please include a link to your profile.